The style of your rose tattoos will depend on your reasons for getting it. The classic version, a delicately drawn flowesr in red with green leaves, can look wonderfully simple and innocent. A name emblazoned across a rose is a well-known symbol of love and devotion. But if you want something more unusual, you might consider:
- Black-and-white fineline. There's no reason your rose needs any color at all. A skilled artist can create details and shading using nothing but fine black lines.
- Tribal style. The curving lines of tribal-style tattoos can be fashioned in shapes and images, including the rose.
- Stylized shapes. The stem or leaves of your rose can be part of the design, worked into a heart, a chain, or even a Celtic knot.
- Multiple flowers. Roses can form a wreath around your arm, a bouquet, or a pattern across your lower back..
- Combinations of symbols. Depending on your interests, you might combine your rose with a religious symbol, a political image, your favorite animal, or any other image that suits your passion.
Source : http://tattoos.lovetoknow.com/Rose_Tattoos